Monday, October 1, 2012

Week 10 - 2D

Class Format

Filling in this section of my posts is so much easier when done in class. Likewise for the next section and sometimes Reflection. That would be my bit of advice for any students who may come across this blog. Which brings me to my other 'pearl of wisdom' - read the blogs of previously successful students, particularly those who completed the course in the same time frame that you wish to (look at the comments first).

 

Group Exercise

Group Exercise

Reflecting on the effectiveness of your design process and concept communication.
The GROUP verbally evaluates each member’s 2D Exhibition work. Scribe writes a summary paragraph on the 2 points below for each member, 
  1. Effectiveness of design process
  2. Effectiveness of concept communication
Each student post the group results in your blog with images and descriptive text.

Results

Unfortunately I was not present for this class, so I will be evaluating my own design work for the exhibition here. This will focus on the work I have been doing for the group aspect of the exhibition with Cherill and Katelyn. Above is my design for the bicycle helmet cover applied to the template I posted about in another unit here.
The effectiveness of our design process has been great. We have followed the the path as outlined by the various units of this course while at the same time injecting aspects of our own personal insights and knowledge. By capitalising on the various skills that each of us has brought to the table the progress of our project has benefited.
The effectiveness of the concept communication specifically relating to the design above, I would also highly rate. The concept being to create

Research

Video

Insert video and comment

Images

This is the thought/action path which led to this image being here. I shut down my computer before going to uni today to give it a rest. At this point in the course it is more convenient for my train of thought to leave it running with multiple things going at once. This, however is a good way to break your hardware or at least be inconvenienced by a break in the power. Faced with a nice fresh desktop, I returned with the first task of making a blog entry. I lazily opened Safari and I hit the bookmarked CUV40303 - the short lived blog begun at the start of the year, which is linked to the specific blogs I wished to edit.  I found this image when it occurred to me check where I had stored the images for the now dead blog. The tag line and logo then became a part of the image you see above.

 

Reflection

I have used Blogger on and off for about the the past ten years, so it was a welcome selection when we were told that we would be using it to create blogs for this course. I have asked this question elsewhere and am posting it here as well because I think I may have answered it for myself. Was it a deliberate decision to separate blog and website creation by their platform of delivery by not using Wordpress for both? Because I have never used Wordpress, I guess the focus of my question is how different can the experience of blogging be on Wordpress in comparison to Blogger?  The most reasonably explanation for the separation was simply a matter of logistics. Blogger had been used in previous so it was convenient to continue using it. However, it does not offer similar services to Wordpress like website creation from templates, which was only introduced this year.

1 comment:

Mark Hilton said...

"up-rock" ?
brains are looking good.
maybe add some frankenstein electrodes for the goths?

Post a Comment